When facing criminal charges, your life and your future are at stake. Make sure you get the help of an attorney who knows how to protect your rights and safeguard your future.
Frank A. Rubino, Esq. is devoted solely to the defense of complex criminal cases in federal and international courts. With offices in Houston and Miami, attorney Frank Rubino limits his practice to serious federal crimes, international crimes, grand jury proceedings, federal criminal appeals and asset forfeiture.
He has handled cases involving charges of:
- Tax fraud, Medicare fraud, securities fraud, business fraud and theft, internet fraud and other financial crimes
- Drug trafficking/importation and other types of federal and felony drug crimes
- RICO/racketeering, conspiracy and other federal crimes
- International crimes such as arms trafficking; he has ample experienced with cases involving extradition
A Trusted Member of the Legal Community
Attorney Rubino has been a featured lecturer at the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL) seminars and meetings, the American Bar Association, the Academy of Trial Lawyers, and many local and state bar association seminars. He has appeared on Good Morning America, Larry King Live, This Week with David Brinkley, Nightline with Ted Koppel, 20/20 with Barbara Walters and twice on 60 Minutes with Morley Safer and Dan Rather. He regularly appears on CNN’s Paula Zahn Show as a legal expert.
Focused on High-Profile, High-Stakes Cases
In his more than 30 years as a state, federal and international criminal lawyer, Frank Rubino has compiled a long list of notable cases.
- He is the lead trial counsel for General Manuel A. Noriega of Panama, and has represented his interests against the federal government and in a civil case before the United States Supreme Court.
- He recently gained an acquittal for General Mounir Fahmy, head of the Egyptian Air Force, who was charged with attempting to export 400 TOW missiles to Uganda.
- He gained an acquittal for Igor Abakumov, of the Russian Mafia, who was the lead defendant in a major federal racketeering case
- He also gained an acquittal for Manuel Pena of the Dominican Republic in a major federal criminal drug trafficking case.
- He recently won a dismissal of all charges against Dewey Davis in federal court on a 150-kilo cocaine case.
- He was a member of the criminal defense team that gained an acquittal for the accused Libyan Intelligence Agent, Lamen Khalifa Fhimah, in the Pan Am/Lockerbie bombing case. He has successfully argued on behalf of the government of Libya before the World Court at The Hague in the Netherlands.