Drug paraphernalia charges are serious and they can lead to other charges. You need to fight these charges aggressively. Attorney Frank Rubino knows how to defend your rights. He’s been winning cases like yours for decades.
Call attorney Frank Rubino’s office at at 866-718-3994 to learn more. Get started on your defense right away. There is no time to waste.
Over a 30-year defense career, Frank Rubino has proven his ability to successfully combat state and federal drug charges involving the sale or purchase of illegal narcotics and drug paraphernalia, and the illegal sale of legal prescription drugs.
What Is Drug Paraphernalia?
In the ongoing “war on drugs,” the feds have increasingly been adding the charge of possession of drug paraphernalia to high-level drug cases, especially when charging people for internet drug crimes. According to FL Stat 893.145, the term “drug paraphernalia” covers material used to cultivate, manufacture, produce, process, test, package, store or conceal a controlled substance. It includes items such as:
- A kit used to plant or harvest a controlled substance
- A compound used to manufacture, convert or prepare a controlled substance
- An isomerization device used to increase the potency of a species of plant
- Testing equipment used to identify or analyze the strength or purity of a controlled substance
- A scale used to weigh or measure a controlled substance
- A dilutant or adulterant used to diminish the potency of a controlled substances (such as quinine hydrochloride, mannitol, inositol, nicotinamide, dextrose, lactose)
- A separation gin or sifter used to remove twigs and seeds in the refining process
- A capsule, balloon or other container used to package small quantities of drugs
- A hypodermic syringe to inject a drug
- A pipe, water pipe, carburetion tube, smoking mask, bong, ice pipe or chiller used for marijuana or hashish ingestion
In the past, drug paraphernalia charges received little attention from law enforcement, but that has changed with the creation of the Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Force. Now, the investigation, charging and prosecution of these charges can be extremely aggressive. If you are facing drug paraphernalia charges, you need to mount a defense that is equally aggressive.
Get Our Firm on Your Side
Defense lawyer Frank Rubino has extensive experience representing clients in complex cases involving multiple parties across international borders. He has represented clients across the U.S. and around the world, and is prepared to represent you in any federal court. Email Mr. Rubino or call 866-718-3994 to schedule an appointment at his offices in Miami or Houston.