Drug Trafficking From Mexico
If you have been charged with drug trafficking, you are in for the fight of your life. The stakes are high and you could lose your freedom. Do not work with just any attorney; get a lawyer you know can fight and win your case.
After an arrest for drug trafficking, call a lawyer you can trust. Attorney Frank Rubino is here to help you, and he has handled many cases like yours. Call 866-718-3994 to learn more.
Increase In Enforcement Leads To More Arrests
The U.S. DEA has teamed up with state and Mexican law enforcement to crack down on drugs coming into the U.S. from Mexico or through Mexico from Colombia, Peru, Nicaragua or Guatemala. Those arrested and charged with drug trafficking cases face massive fines and prison time. These are serious crimes, requiring a serious defense strategy.
Law enforcement actions in Dallas, McAllen, Laredo and San Antonio, Texas, have arrested more than 1,000 people in the last 10 years, including members of the Sinaloa Cartel, the Gulf Cartel, La Familia Michoacana cartel and others from Nuevo Laredo to Michoacan to Nayarit, Mexico.
These narcotrafficking busts have led to the confiscation of tons of cocaine, marijuana, meth, black tar heroin and ecstasy, as well as hundreds of weapons and vehicles (including airplanes and ships). In addition to drug trafficking charges, U.S. prosecutors have confiscated hundreds of millions of dollars they associated with money laundering operations.
Attorney Rubino Has Significant Experience Handling High-profile International Drug Cases
In a criminal defense career that has spanned more than 30 years, attorney Frank Rubino has proven his ability to successfully handle complex, high-profile drug trafficking cases. He maintains offices in Miami and Houston, and represents clients across the U.S. and around the world.
Attorney Rubino’s record of defense against charges of drug trafficking from Mexico is one that few can match. He has argued before the World Court at The Hague and the Supreme Court of the United States, as well as various international criminal courts. Among his well-known cases:
- He served as lead trial counsel for Panamanian General Manuel Noriega in his defense against criminal and civil charges in the U.S.
- He defended members of the Medellin and Cali drug cartels against international drug trafficking charges.
- He served as defense attorney for Manuel Pena, of the Dominican Republic, achieving an acquittal on federal drug trafficking charges.
The Skills To Handle All Aspects Of Your Case
Mr. Rubino does not back down in his defense of clients designated by U.S. law enforcement as Consolidated Priority Organization Target (CPOT), a person suspected of being the leader of a drug trafficking organization. Every avenue of defense will be taken to fight extradition as well as criminal charges of:
- Engaging in a continuing criminal enterprise (CCE) under the Controlled Substances Act
- Drug trafficking, drug distribution or drug manufacturing
- Conspiracy to import controlled substances
- Money laundering
- Possession of unregistered firearms or arms smuggling of assault weapons and ammunition