Across the United States, the Department of Justice, the Medicare Fraud Strike Force, and the Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General (HHS-OIG) are investigating companies that provide durable medical equipment (DME).
DME company owners and marketers have been accused of and indicted by grand juries for health care fraud and fraudulent billing practices involving the provision of power wheelchairs, orthotics, adult incontinence supplies, hospital beds, oxygen tanks and other durable medical products.
Do You Think You Might Be Under Investigation?
Before the federal government brings criminal charges, it conducts a lengthy and rigorous investigation. Often people who are charged with health care fraud have a sense that they are being investigated before they are indicted or asked to appear at a grand jury proceedings.
If you suspect your DME company is being investigated, now is the time to act. Whether you are located in Houston, Miami, or elsewhere in the U.S., you can contact the law offices of federal defense lawyer Frank Rubino. Mr. Rubino is a nationally recognized criminal defense lawyer providing aggressive defense in high profile white collar crime cases involving serious federal criminal charges.
Prepared to Handle a Wide Range of Health Care Fraud Cases
With more than 30 years of experience, Mr. Rubino has achieved successful results in large-scale federal fraud cases in Florida and across the U.S. He represents people charged with a variety of health care crimes, such as:
- Acquiring fraudulent prescriptions, forging physician signatures and fraudulently using physician provider numbers
- Submitting false claims to Medicare or other health care agencies
- Conspiring to commit health care fraud
- Concealing the true identity of company ownership (straw ownership) when making false statements and false claims to the government
- Billing Medicare for more supplies than were delivered and for supplies the beneficiaries did not need
- Payment of illegal kickbacks for Medicare patient referrals
- Billing for equipment allegedly provided to dead beneficiaries
- Money laundering
Mr. Rubino also represents clients in federal criminal appeals for health insurance fraud.
When You Need Effective Defense Strategies, Call Us
If you or your company is being investigated or is under indictment, you need an attorney with a proven record of successfully defeating federal health care fraud charges. Call 866-718-3994 to arrange a consultation with attorney Rubino, or contact him online.