The United States government funnels nearly unlimited resources into prosecuting high-profile criminal cases. When you have been accused of a serious crime, it is important to work with a federal criminal defense lawyer equipped to be an equal match.
Texas federal criminal defense lawyer Frank A. Rubino, Esq. is up to the challenge. One of the United States premier criminal defense attorneys, Mr. Rubino focuses on high-profile, high-stakes federal criminal cases. With offices in Houston and Miami, he is available to take cases in federal courts throughout the United States as well as internationally.
Cases Our Firm Handles
Mr. Rubino focuses his defense practice on white collar crimes in federal courts in Texas, Florida and nationwide, including:
- Mortgage fraud: It is imperative to consult with an attorney if accused of banking or mortgage fraud.
- Securities fraud: Insider trading and other securities fraud charges can drastically affect your life forever.
- Health care fraud: If you are involved in the health care industry and accused of any type of fraud, seek help from an attorney immediately.
- Federal tax fraud: Tax fraud is something the government takes very seriously. Fighting these charges early on is essential.
- Money laundering: Attempting to hide the source of money can wind you up in prison. Frank A. Rubino, Esq. can help protect your rights.
- RICO/racketeering: RICO charges carry severe consequences. Do not face them alone.
- Public corruption: Politicians can be charged with public corruption if accused of illegal activity such as fraud.
- Conspiracy: Even if you do not complete your crime, you can still be charged with conspiracy.
- Drug crimes: Few defense attorneys have gained as many acquittals for clients facing large-scale drug trafficking allegations as Frank A. Rubino, Esq. Some of his more notable cases include the largest (at that time) cocaine case in Houston and the largest cocaine importation by air case.
Defense of International Clients
Frank A. Rubino, Esq. has represented government leaders and internationally recognized figures from places throughout the world in U.S. federal courts, including the U.S. Supreme Court. His clients have come from Mexico and many Central and South American countries, such as Peru, Colombia, Argentina, Honduras, Panama, El Salvador and Guatemala. One of his most notable cases was the representation of Panamanian General Manuel Noriega.
If you are facing charges in the United States criminal justice system, or if you are facing international extradition, attorney Rubino is well-equipped to prepare a strong and effective defense.
Understanding the Federal Court System and Federal Sentencing
The Comprehensive Crime Control Act of 1984 established the U.S. Sentencing Commission. That commission has had a profound impact on sentencing guidelines and other issues affecting people charged with federal crimes. Understanding federal sentencing policies is just one aspect competent federal criminal defense.
If you are being investigated for a federal crime such as Medicare fraud, tax evasion or drug trafficking, you should understand what you are facing. U.S. attorneys have enormous resources at their disposal to obtain a conviction. Federal investigators often build their cases over months or even years.
After an arrest, a grand jury will review the evidence against you and decide if a trial is warranted. If you are charged, you will be up against the United States government. The penalties for many federal crimes have increased over the years. You could be facing a lengthy prison term, fines and an order to pay restitution to the alleged victims of your crime.
A National and International Reputation for Effective Defense
Mr. Rubino's reputation for skillful and effective representation has been built over the course of a more than 30-year career as he has successfully handled cases involving government officials, executives, well-known public figures, and others facing charges in U.S. and international courts. His high-profile cases include:
- Texas drug charges defense lawyer in the largest cocaine case in Houston's history (at that time) — United States v. Pedro Talamas.
- Defense attorney for Manuel Pena, of the Dominican Republic, achieving an acquittal on federal drug trafficking charges.
- Defense attorney for former Panamanian leader, Manuel Noriega in his criminal and civil case before the United States Supreme Court.
- Service on the defense team that successfully represented Lamen Khalifa Fhimah in his acquittal for the bombing of Pan Am Flight 103 at the World Court.
Because of his selective approach, Mr. Rubino gives each case he accepts the high level of personal attention it deserves. He handles each aspect of the case himself. From grand jury proceedings, to asset forfeiture, to trials and appeals, he tailors his strategy to reflect the unique circumstances and needs of his clients. Mr. Rubino does not accept clients charged with violent crimes or sex crimes.
A Lawyer Other's Turn to When They Need to Understand the Law
Well-respected in the legal profession, Mr. Rubino frequently appears as a commentator on Fox News and CNN. He has appeared on Good Morning America, Larry King Live, Nightline, 20/20 and 60 Minutes. He has lectured on white collar crime and drug defense before the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL), the Academy of Trial Lawyers and the American Bar Association.
When You Need a Strong Advocate, Contact Frank A. Rubino, Esq.
Frank A. Rubino, Esq. is well-equipped to provide effective white collar crime and federal drug crime defense in the most serious cases. When you need aggressive representation from an experienced lawyer, contact Mr. Rubino or call his offices toll free at 866-718-3994.
Se habla español.